Sunday, May 1, 2011

Say no to "crazy busy"

I ran into two excellent books "Crazy Busy" and "Never Check E-Mail in the Morning". Frankly I cannot agree with the authors more -- many of us became the slaves of the E-Mail and Smart Devices, rather than the other way around. Sad but true.

There are so many things I always wanted to do everyday, yet I was never able to do most of them because my schedule was too email interrupt driven. I thought the type of "crazy busy" life style was a must in the contemporary society but after running into these two fantastic books and a lecture Carolyn Foster gave, I completely changed my perspective.

After throttling down context switch frequency for my work and minimizing multi-tasking, I do have I have "more time" a day now. :)

I'm still busy just not crazy ... :)

No comments: